· Check magazines and websites (like Pinterest) for ideas
· Choose a Wedding Theme
· Start a Pinterest Board
· Choose your Wedding Party
· Start a preliminary Guest List
· Work up a Budget (there are many on-line sources at various wedding websites)
· Begin touring Venues and check on date availability
· Reserve your Venue
· Check out:
· DJs or Bands
· MakeUp / Hair Stylist
· Attend Bridal Shows (Your Venue, if a participant in a Show, may be able to give you free tickets, so be sure ask)
The Venue is a good source for recommendations on the above. Also, online wedding websites (Wedding Wire, The Knot, and many others). Check out BENGMC.com (Bridal Event Networking Group Montgomery County) for a l ist of Vendors in each category…they will work all over the Houston and surrounding areas.
· Decide on Date
· Send out Save the Date Postcards or Emails
· Once you have the date set, launch a Wedding Website
8-9 MONTHS TO GO...
· Feeling overwhelmed? Consider hiring a Wedding Planner
· Take Engagement Photos – (good way to try out your photographer)
· Book your DJ or Band
· Meet with Caterers – do tastings
· Order your Dress
· Create your Gift Registry
· Recheck your Budget
6-7 MONTHS TO GO...
· Finalize your Guest List
· Order Invitations
· Hire your Florist, Caterer and other Wedding Vendors (Be sure to get all details in writing)
· Reserve Block of Hotel Rooms for Out of Town Guests (or select a Venue that offers Lodging – like the Double Bar B!)
· Reserve any Transportation Needs
· Confirm any rentals you need:
· Tent, Tables/Chairs, Linens, Table Settings, if needed that the Venue/Caterers don’t provide
· Look for Bridesmaid dresses
4-5 MONTHS TO GO...
· Send Your Guest List to your Shower Host
· Order Veil, Shoes and other accessories (jewelry, ring pillows, gloves, etc)
· Schedule first Dress Fitting
· Try out Make-Up and Hair Stylists and Reserve
· Choose Music Playlist
· Reserve your Rehearsal Dinner (or select a Venue that offers one… like the Double Bar B)
2-3 MONTHS TO GO...
· Finalize your Menu
· Put Together a Timeline of Your Events (Rehearsal,Rehearsal Dinner, Getting Ready/Makeup/Hair, Arrival of Vendors, Ceremony, Reception)
(There are great samples on-line at various Wedding Sites)
· Finalize your Flowers
· Order Favors and Plan Welcome Baskets and Wedding Party Gifts
· Line up those you want to do Toasts
· Finalize your Vows and Officiant
· Get Menu Cards and Programs Printed
· Mail Your Invitations
YOU'RE ALMOST THERE!
3-7 WEEKS TO GO...
· Arrange for Marriage License
· Plan any Name Change Documents and Insurance
· Purchase a Guestbook/Toasting Flukes/Cake Servers/Unity Candle/etc
· Remember to add “Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue”
· Purchase your Rings
· Plan Menus for the Pre-Wedding Events
· Check RSVPs
· Prepare your Thank You Cards
1-2 WEEKS TO GO...
· Pick Up Your Gown (Be sure to try it on with your shoes and accessories )
· Provide the Final Guest Count to Caterer
· Arrange Seating and Create the Seating Charit and/or Place Cards
· Assign Someone to Pack up your Gifts/Belongings after the Reception (and the top tier of your cake!)
WEDDING WEEK (IT'S FINALLY HERE!)
· Send Contact List and Final Timeline to the Bridal Party and Venue
· Set aside checks and tips for Vendors
· Get a Mani-Pedi
· Pack for your Honeymoon
DON'T FIND A HORSE AND BE A RUNAWAY BRIDE...YOU'VE WORKED TOO HARD FOR THIS!
(although we have a horse you can borrow)...
GET PLENTY OF REST….AND ALLOW PLENTY OF TIME TO GET READY!
· Give the rings to the Best Man and Maid of Honor
· Eat Breakfast
· Attend Hair and Makeup Appointments
· Include your Photographer in these Pre-Wedding Photo Ops
· Get Dressed and
GETTING A LATE START?
NO PROBLEM....CONTACT US FOR SHORTER 90 DAY VERSION OF THIS TIMELINE!
(Shorter than that....well, we'll try to help!)
STAY TUNED FOR FUTURE TIPS
..ON HOW TO MAKE YOUR WEDDING PERFECT!
We'll be adding some future tips...such as
questions to ask your Venue....suggested timeline of events....and more!